Saturday, May 21, 2011

I Can See The Finish Line











Update of the Savvy Authors bootcamp saga, twenty one days down and ten to go and I am on target. My first draft will be finished. Yay! It’s a feeling that’s better than having the power to resist that extra helping of dessert and pushing beyond the easy gratification, to stay the course and challenge myself.

I couldn’t have done it without the support of my sweet hubby who prepared dinners when I was too tired or couldn’t stop writing, who did the laundry when there were no more clean towels, and overlooked the dust bunnies multiplying in increasing numbers, well, you get the picture.



Also, I had the support of the Scouts from the Salon, the writers in my Fantasy Group and my mentor, June Diehl. You think I was accepting an Oscar. Well, in the scheme of things, it’s small potatoes, but for me personally it’s the appetizer, entrée and dessert. Woohoo!!!



On another subject the Salon received its second award. The first from Rosi at http://rosihollinbeckthewritestuff.blogspot.com/ and the second from Lindsey at http://lyndseyrosedavis.weebly.com/. The rules in accepting this award was to tell you seven things about ourselves. Here are my seven. Bear with me here. You just have to read it I had to write it. LOL.

1. I love animals and my first dog growing up was named Rocky. An unbelievable dog, who rode the backs of the neighbor’s two Collies jumping from one to the other. He also chewed my father’s slippers and morning paper. He was a beast.

2. My maiden name is E.Chang, named after the lady in the moon, who stole the elixir of immortality. Wat, my Chinese middle name means gentleness.

3. I was lucky enough to live and study in Europe for ten years.

4. I am a painter and a writer. I am enchanted and haunted by faces and prefer to paint portraits rather than landscapes. Pretty faces, for me are harder to paint because I can’t find the stories hidden in the lines.

5. Having grown up in Hawaii opened my eyes to a world of different cultures and faiths.

6. Presently living in the mountains with four dogs and my sweetie, but I dream of moving back to Paris.

7. I am writing a YA fantasy with Chinese mythology, thanks to my grandmother.
Okay, that’s probably more than you wanted to know about me.

The next rule of accepting this award is to nominate another blogger for the versatile Blogger Award. I nominate Laurel Wilczek, http://ravenlaw.wordpress.com/ . Laurel is in my Fantasy Group and pushed me to get blogging. Every day she inspires me to write with her humor and whip. Yup! She cracks a whip to get the group moving.

And http://anncory.blogspot.com/a writer who inspired me daily in our Artist Journal Workshop.

Visit these bloggers and leave your blog address in the comment box, so we can visit you.

Till next time,
Elizabeth

PS: June Diehl post tomorrow is “A Letter from your Muse.” It’s funny, enlightening and the info you need to know about your muse.

10 comments:

Carissa Andrews said...

Yay! Congrats on almost having your first draft finished! It's a great feeling, isn't it? Congrats on your awards, too! You go, girl!

Ann Cory said...

Awww, thank you soooooo much Elizabeth!!! You are a wonderful and fantastic lady - you totally made my day :) *BIGS HUGS*

~Ann

Christine Ashworth said...

I'm slogging through bootcamp, too...huge congrats for being on target! Find me at http://christine-ashworth.com.

Cheers!

Ella Gray said...

Way to go, Elizabeth! And here's to another shout-out for all the awesome bloggers, boot-campers and writing support groups out there - rock on!

Anonymous said...

You are such a hoot, Elizabeth! Thank you for the award. I'm backtracking to read the others who have receive it. Love the look of your blog and the tone. You always make me feel like we're sitting at the kitchen table having coffee together.

Guess I have to get cracking on that list and my nomination for the award.

Catch you in Boot Camp!

Laurel W.

EW Gibson said...

Carissa,

Thank you! It does feel good. I want to know who you're doing on your first draft? :) I bet awesome!!!!

EW Gibson said...

Ann,

It was my pleasure!!!

EW Gibson said...

Christine,

Slug away! (Not only for boot camp, but good for hitting aliens as in Crop Circles) LOL!

I stopped by your site and love the Friday wine fest idea.

EW Gibson said...

Ella,

You got it!!!

EW Gibson said...

Laurel,

Thank you! What a lovely compliment, next time I'll try to have cookies for you. Peanutbutter chocolate chip right?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...