Friday, June 10, 2011

Summer Movies 2011: June -July Edition

Summer is here which translate in my head to summer movies. Below are the movies releasing in June and July, which spark my interest and if I plan on watching them based on the trailers.

Super 8

Release Date: Today

The best trailer from this movie and it still does not show the monster. That worries me because it is either going to be real good or real bad. I’ll wait for the reviews before I decide.

Watching?: Maybe


The Green Lantern

Release Date: June 17th


The first trailer didn’t spark my interest except for Reynolds’ abs. The second one is much better and gives me a better understanding of the film. Plus the background music is great.

Watching?: Yes


Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Release Date: July 1st

I disliked the second one and worried the third one would follow. But the trailer has given me hope my childhood hasn’t been ruined. There is no doubt I will be in the theater on opening day.

Watching?: Yes


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

Release Date: July 15st

After watching the last 7 movies in the theater, I don’t have the heart to break the traditional on the last film. Kleenex is required when I watch the last battle of Harry Potter.

Watching?: Yes


Captain America: The First Avenger

Release Date: July 22st

I pushed off watching this trailer and I’m kicking myself right now. The movie looks great! Chris Evans is hot! What else can a girl ask for?

Watching?: Yes


Cowboys & Aliens

Release Date: July 29th

The title speaks to every geeky girl in the world. Add Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig, what girl wouldn’t see the movie without watching the trailer? The trailer only adds to this movie’s great title and cast. It’s an ‘I’m so there’ moment.

Watching?: Yes


That is the end of my summer movie list for June and July. At the end of July, I will add my reviews of the movies and include my list for August. Until then!


4 comments:

Brinda said...

I'll be going to see several from your list. The only one that I hadn't heard of is the Super 8 movie. I'd go see The Green Lantern just to gaze at Ryan Reynolds. As of Cowboys & Aliens, it looks fantastic. I'm so excited to see that one.

Marilyn Muñiz said...

I didn't heard about Super 8 until this year's Super Bowl but it showed no plot information.

Cowboys and Aliens is going to be awesome. The fangirl in me is jumping for joy!

Tiyana said...

Great list! I plan to see most of those, as well. Super 8 I'm going to see on Monday with a friend.

Can't wait!

Marilyn Muñiz said...

Let me know how Super 8 is Tiyana!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...