Monday, February 13, 2012

Eve of Valentine's Day

On the eve of Valentine’s Day, I thought that I’d get myself into the mood for some romance by watching a few ‘chick flicks’.  I love romance movies, even cheesy romance movies, which is probably why I am so drawn to writing the romance in paranormal, fantasy and steampunk worlds.   

For the past two weeks on the Women’s Network, they have been showing romance movies every night.  And with my husband out of the house most nights at the rink, I curl up with the baby and a bag of 100-calorie popcorn and jump into a world of romance.  It’s a match made in heaven, minus the stinky diaper.

For Valentine’s Day, hubbie and I are getting out of the house (no baby) for a night of romance (well four hours anyway).  We will hit up Boston Pizza (his choice for the restaurant) and then head to the movie theatre to watch “The Vow” with Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams.   

“A newlywed couple recovers from a car accident that puts the wife in a coma. Waking up with severe memory loss, her husband endeavors to win her heart again.”

http://www.sonypictures.com/previews/movies/thevow/clips/4212/

I got to thinking about my all-time favorite romance movies were, I've listed them below.  The ones with "*" are not happily-ever-after endings, in which one of the hero/heroines dies. 

1. The Notebook
2. Untamed Heart *
3. Time Traveler’s Wife *
4. Night in Rodanthe *
5. A Walk to Remember *
6. Sweet Home Alabama
7. Serendipity
8. Just Like Heaven
9. P.S. I Love You
10. Titanic *

What are your favorite mushy movies?  How are you celebrating "V" day? 

However or wherever you are celebrating it - Happy early Valentine's Day!  May your day be filled with love, flowers and chocolate (there are no calories in Valentine's chocolate).

R.J. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...