Saturday, March 3, 2012

Come and Read with Us

Steelyballs and Joseph Campbell

It’s hard to imagine but we’re almost a year old.  In honor of this upcoming anniversary, we are starting a bi-monthly book club called the Speculative Society over at Goodreads.  [Look at Friday’s post with the lovely Marilyn.]

What is it about speculative fiction that you like?  The adventure? The new worlds?  The characters?  In your opinion, what makes a good read? 

Personally, I love books with characters I fall in love with and think about them after I've closed the book.  I want the story to take me on an adventure preferably to a different world.  And if there is a hint of mytholgy, I'm ecstatic.   If you notice, my cat Steelyballs can’t get enough of it either.  Good kitty! 

So, tell me what is your preference?

Till next time,

Elizabeth

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...