Friday, May 11, 2012

Unwritten Creativity

The first thought that crosses my mind when I see a blank page is Natasha Bedingfield’s song “Unwritten” and the lyrics at the beginning.

I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined
I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

The song can be about how life isn't planned and you fill in the blanks of the future. Yet I relate to the lyrics as a writer and how my writing starts out as that blank page. I have no ending in mind and I'm waiting for the words to put down. 

Reaching for something in the distance
 So close you can almost taste it
 Release your inhibitions
 Feel the rain on your skin
 No one else can feel it for you
 Only you can let it in
 No one else, no one else
 Can speak the words on your lips
 Drench yourself in words unspoken
 Live your life with arms wide open
 Today is where your book begins
 The rest is still unwritten


Each word seems further away whenever I start to write, but only I can write my own story and characters by entangling myself in it order to complete the novel.


At the same time I believe the lyrics extend to any type of creative thoughts; whether they are words, pictures, or drawings. 

Look below at the blank pages and post on how you would fill the them.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...