Friday, October 5, 2012

NaNo Fever


The start of NaNo season is upon us. The fever is starting and won't end until the last stroke of midnight on November 30th. In the last years participating in nano I realized the power behind the masses who join in event. Companionship is strong when the goal is the same for everyone. It doesn't matter how we get there but only that we do reach the 50k. 

The drive to join in happens when October starts. I start to plan and enter November with my best. The middle is rough and near the end I'm in the rush to end at 50k. This year I will aim for 100k again tor redeem myself for not making it last year. I tucked away my original novel idea to start something new and refreshing. 

A mix of urban fantasy, sci fi and horror. It's an idea I started thinking about years ago and wrote a few pages on back then. Since I worked on my high fantasy for so long I decided to change the pace to revive my creativity. Sometimes working on one project for so long is exhausting for the mind. I reached the point of tossing it out the window. I don't want to give up on the idea so a different project it is.

Anyone else participating in NaNo? Post your ideas and NaNo username to cheer one another!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

miranda.gibson here and it is my first NaNo season. I am writing a murder mystery and can't wait to join in the fun! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...