Friday, December 14, 2012

A Familiar Journey



Today is opening day for Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. The journey begins again for those of us who love the world J.R.R Tolkien’s created many, many years ago. I’ll be watching it this weekend so I have no spoilers for you guys yet. It’ll come in two weeks after I digested the film and the awesome visual presence on the big screen.

It reminds me when the first film of Lord of the Rings came out. I didn’t realize until after the film I treated myself to a great birthday present for that year and the next two. There were so many people I converted to the film version of the book. I myself can’t read the book, as much as I tried to push through the details of the world Tolkien spend so much time with.

I experienced each Lord of the Rings films on the big screen and the Hobbit movies won’t be any different. I may not be watching the movie with the same people but I know they will be watching it as well. No popcorn or a drink if I don’t want to rush to the restroom in the middle of the movie. Movie popcorn is the best but I don’t want to miss any moment of it.

If anyone wants to come and leave a comment after I post my review, please do so. I enjoy reading reviews since everyone shreds new light on the same material. Please leave a comment today and let us know at the Salon you will be joining us for review day.   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...