Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Are You Enough?


Ever wonder if you are enough?  Do you doubt your spirit will carry you thorough the tough times? Do you need stuff, like new software, a new desk or some other bright shiny thing to succeed in your writing? 

I think sometimes we tend to look outside of ourselves for the strength to be what we want to be.  When the real strength and gifts lies within us. 

I watched a video of children living in conditions that I find deplorable and suffocating.  What could be worse than living in a slum built over a landfill?  What do you think these children are learning from the experience?  It might surprise you. 





I don't know about you, but I was blown away by these children, their situation, their reaction to it and how they allowed their creative gifts to soar in spite of what lay before them.   

I feel so much can be learned from what's happening in this small village.  What do you think? 

 
"There are a thousand excuses for every failure, but never a good reason."   Mark Twain

Till next time,
Elizabeth





 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I've found that how much people need to buy in order to satisfy themselves is in direct relation to how stressed and how miserable they are at their "regular" job. If you live a quieter, less-stressed life, you don't need to buy yourself treats and things to make you feel better.

Not sure how that applies to the kids exactly -- just tossin' it out there! lol

Kelly Hashway said...

I don't think happiness comes from material things. Some people just get what's really important in life and are happy with very little.

Marsha A. Moore said...

It's heartening to watch that video. It renews belief in the goodness of the human spirit. Thanks lots!

Jessie Harrell said...

Amazing video. I never would have thought that was possible to make music like that from trash.
And you are so right. We have strength in ourselves but we have to choose to let our light shine through.

KatieC said...

I love what you said, that people search for strength everywhere but inside themselves. I agree! It has to come from within.

Catherine Stine said...

It's amazing the kind of strength that people, young and old can muster up when they need to.

Kate Larkindale said...

I think our society has become conditioned to believe we can buy happiness, and that having more stuff adds value to our lives.

It doesn't.

Carole Remy said...

I love the videos of this orchestra! I live in Mexico, where people are in the majority happy with much less than we think essential in the United States. The amazing thing to me is that it's such a joyful existence, not suffering or sacrificing, but just experiencing everything.

Thanks for a thoughtful post, Elizabeth!

Carole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...