Friday, May 10, 2013

The Trickster


Predictable? Rule abiding? Nope, only tricksters are allowed in this post. They are one of my favorite types of characters in fantasy for their nature of having a good time even at the expense of others.  TV Tropes words it better than me:



While you can’t love all tricksters, those who fight for the side of good earn a place in my heart. They work within their scope of power to make things happen. They seem ordinary but pull off great fleets or terror when they put their minds to the task before them. They sometimes are not along and there are two tricksters working together. Double trouble as they say.

Now to my top three tricksters in well-known high/epic fantasy novels are:
1. Fred and George Weasley from Harry Potter series.
2. Merry and Pippin from The Lord of the Rings.
3. Mat Cauthon from the Wheel of Time series. (My favorite trickster!)

Who are your top three tricksters? 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like Loki in the "Supernatural" series.
Fun post! :-)

Marilyn Muñiz said...

Thank you!

Loki from Supernatural is an awesome character!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...