Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Seeing the Light


In April, I participated in two challenges, the A to Z and Campnanowrimo.  Whew!  It’s over and I finished both.  Yay, for the home team.

All in all, I started the month full of energy and enthusiasm standing tall like a big sunflower but by the end I was drooping badly.  The fun part of visiting other blogs doing the A to Z suffered.  My priority was to finish what I started plus keep up with my day job, painting portraits. 

I must say though, I did visit many wonderful and creative sites.  Two sites that stood out for me were Susan Scott’s philosophical and thought provoking site and C. B. Wentworth photographic travelogue of her adventures.  Over a thousand blogs enlisted for the month long endeavor and I only had a chance to visit perhaps a hundred and fifty. 

I feel like I’ve lived the month in a blur but now I see the light.  Segue to the clip. J


During the month, I received three Liebster awards.  Of course, I can only except one, but still I must have been doing something right. 

So, what’s next?  Well, if I had a hot tub I think I could soak for days.  Since I don’t, I’m going to relax with a good book or two and then get back to it. 

How about you? 

Till next time,

Elizabeth

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your wins. Even if it was ugly getting there, there isn't anything quite like finishing what you start. :)

Beth said...

I did my own camp nano in March and hope to do another one in June. I did A-Z too and released a novella in April, so like you I'm exhausted. Also, I found my theme to be a lot of work. Though people loved it. But you made it to far more blogs than me.

Kelly Hashway said...

Congrats on finishing the challenge and the award!

Unknown said...

Yay for both your accomplishments and the awards, too! That hot tub idea sounds good, but I don't have one either, so I'm doing like you - reading some of my fav author Dean Kootz! :-)

EW Gibson said...

Sarah, you're right. It does feel good finishing. Absolutely. Thank you for commenting.

Jessie Harrell said...

Congrats on finishing up. And that is my absolute favorite Disney song - so pretty!

EW Gibson said...

Beth, congratulations to you as well for finishing the challenge. But also for releasing your novella. YAY!

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

Finishing is quite an accomplishment. Congrats. Blogging can be exhausting. :)

EW Gibson said...

Kelly, thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it.

EW Gibson said...

Lexa,

Thanks, it feels good. But, hey congrats to you on getting an agent. Now that is jumping and dancing time!

EW Gibson said...

Jessie,

Thanks! I love the movie and all the songs in Tangled. Am I strange, but I love a lot of Disney movies.

Anonymous said...

I love Disney-Pixar movies too, Tangled and Brave are two of my favo(u)rites.
I'm hoping I'll be more productive - in the creative writing dept - this month.
Congrats on the Liebsters, I'm sure you're doing things right :)

EW Gibson said...

Beverly,

Thanks, and it is so true that blogging is exhausting. But, some folks seem to thrive on it.

EW Gibson said...

Katja,

Books and movies. How can we go wrong with that? Good luck with your writing projects. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...