Saturday, January 14, 2012

An Invitation to Dream

On Sunday, I will be entering a world of dreams. A world that unfolds under a big tent where inside I will be transported to a place of beauty, imagination and harmony.  In this special place,  horse and man will share a world in total trust and freedom.  A place like no other. A place where dreams come alive. 

I’m going to see the Cavalia show “Odysseo” in Atlanta, Georgia.  I have seen two other productions over the years and each one has lifted me into the fantasy realm.  Their shows are like the Cirque du Soleil with horses.  Here is Cavalia’s official blurb:

“Odysseo is a journey into the imagination, a voyage through space and time, and an exploration of nature’s greatest wonders – deserts, waterfalls, canyons, glaciers and more.
The spellbinding show is a renewed tribute to the relationship humans and horses have forged over thousands of years. With our faithful companions by our side, we have travelled to the four corners of the globe, built bridges between cultures and brought people from all over the planet closer together. Odysseo is a singular expression and celebration of this exceptionally moving journey. 


I love to experience shows like this because it hits home why I love writing fantasy.  

Till later,
Elizabeth

5 comments:

Ella Gray said...

This sounds wonderful! Wish I was going, I totally crush on horses too :-)

EW Gibson said...

Ella,

Do you write horses into your stories because of your of love for them?

Seeing Cavalia's last show I was inspired to include a character with a horse.

Wish you were going to...next time. :)

Ella Gray said...

I wanted to write in a horse for my steampunk novel last year, but never got the chance to fit it in. My inspiration was Xena Warrior Princess, and the relationship she had with her horse, Argo.

Someday it will happen. When I was last in San Francisco, my niece told me that if a wrote a story about a horse that she would definitely read it. Good enough for me, LOL.

Marsha A. Moore said...

I hadn't heard of this performing group. I followed your link to find they perform in Miami also...strongly considering the drive across the state. Thanks for sharing this.

EW Gibson said...

@Ella, I wonder how many of us have Xena and Buffy as source of inspiration? BTW, you write in a horse and for sure I will read your story. Although the draft of yours I read was pretty good without the horse. :)

@Marsha, Hubby and I are driving 5 hours one way to see the show. It's that fantastic! I know you would love it. Thanks for posting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...